Lucy Marshall White, RN, BSN,
Integrative Energy Therapist
Specializing in Tibetan Singing Bowl Sound Therapy
Education and Experience
- Graduated from Vanderbilt School of Nursing in 1972
- Pediatric Oncology Nurse for 12 years at Vanderbilt Children’s Hospital
- School Nurse at University School of Nashville for 6 years
- Pediatric Emergency Room Nurse for 9 years at Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital.
- Began the study of Energy Healing Modalities in 2006.
- Became a Reiki practitioner in 2008 with, Reiki Master, Alison Ledbetter
- Introduced to Tibetan Bowl Sound Healings by Kaaren Engel in 2009
- Completed 4 levels of Healing Touch, a nursing based program in 2011 and currently helps with classes under Bonnie Johnson
- Graduated from The Estuary's School of Healing Arts 7-year program in 2012 and is currently a teacher in Kabbalah classes with Susan Austin- Crumpton.
- Completed the Introductory course and Advanced level 1and 2 at the Tibetan Bowl Sound Healing School in Encinitas, California, 2015
- During and upon completion of the above studies, Lucy practiced energy and sound healings as a volunteer with staff at both the Ronald McDonald House and with nurses and staff caring for adult patients with cancer at Vanderbilt Hospital.
Lucy thoroughly enjoyed providing patient care as a nurse for many years but wanted to pursue a way to be with others in their healing process that would further allow the entire body to heal physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually. So, when she heard of Healing Touch, a nursing based curriculum, and then the School of Healing Arts along with Reiki and Tibetan singing Bowls, she became fascinated with the study of our human energy system and methods of being present with another to facilitate their self healing. Incorporating her nursing experience with the knowledge of how to create an enviroment that promotes self healing for another was a dream come true for her.
The energy healing modalities are complementary and enhancing for all other forms of medicine and psychotherapy. So, Lucy feels holistic in her approaches to another’s health concerns and/or health maintenance as she brings her western and eastern based knowledge along with the above healing modalities to you, the client.
- Association of Pediatric Hematology/Oncology Nurses
- Healing Beyond Borders
Read Lucy's Description of a Healing Session with Her:
Before the session, I will ask if there is a particular area of your health that you would like to focus on or if you would prefer to just have time to relax.
For the session, you will lie down fully clothed on a massage table. Once you are comfortable, I will place ancient Tibetan singing bowls of varying sizes on and around you. With different mallets, I will sing and ring the bowls. The vibrations and sounds of the bowls will naturally invite your body to heal on a deep cellular level. Specific Healing Touch techniques may be used which may involve physical touch; this is optional for you.
How and why do the bowls help us heal?
Our bodies, as adults, are 70% water and sound travels faster than light through water. So the sound waves emitted can harmonize and balance our bodies. Various bowls and combinations are chosen to assist in the process. Particular bowls are played for spiritual and physical healings and, also, for brain entrainment which helps our cells to remember their healthy state.
How can you experience the unbelievable sounds of
ancient Tibetan bowls hand made by monks centuries ago?
Request an appointment
Request an appointment with Lucy today by calling 615-406-1523 or by filling out the form below. Lucy will be in touch with you by phone within one business day.