Counseling (individual, couples, families)
The approaches to counseling and mind, body, spirit therapies offered at The Estuary include many goals and techniques of traditional therapies but place them in a larger, more expanded context for understanding human behavior. There is something in all of us that seeks freedom, wholeness and connection. Humans desire to play, to create, to go where no one has gone before.
The therapeutic goal of these restorative paths is the awareness of and control over your own energy patterns. The ability to respond with an energy pattern necessary to deal with life is a precise art.
In addition to the more traditional therapeutic techniques, the services at The Estuary may use a variety of healing methods to help you expand your awareness, experience the meaning of consciousness as a form of energy, and to realize you already know everything you need to know. Awakening enough to receive this message is the purpose of the services at the Estuary.
We address a variety of issues and conditions with counseling and energy healing, including the following:
- Emotional pain
- Effects of trauma
- Life changes/Transitions
- Death and dying counseling for the individual or the family
- Relationship issues & divorce
- Couples therapy for couples seeking a conscious, healthy partnership
- Addiction and recovery issues
- Family of origin issues
- Childhood abuse issues
- GLBT issues
- Sexuality and identity issues
- Spiritual crisis
- Coping with medical or physical conditions
- Therapy for family members who are struggling with their loved one's illness
- Chronic pain
- Lack of energy/fatigue
- Therapy to prepare for surgery or medical procedures as well as to facilitate post surgical healing
- Post operative healing
- EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing)
If you wish, you may call our administrator at 615-467-6462 to discuss your needs and to help you decide who would be the best therapist to fit your needs.